ART-ER Attractiveness Research Territory is the Emilia-Romagna Joint Stock Consortium Company that was born in May from the merger of ASTER and ERVET, with the purpose of fostering the region’s sustainable growth by developing innovation and knowledge, attractiveness and internationalisation of the territorial system.
The activities of ART-ER are:
- Coordination and development of the regional ecosystem for innovation and knowledge, support to startups and boosting business;
- Sustainable territorial development, internationalisation and attractiveness of the community and promotion of investments in Emilia-Romagna;
- Promotion of the region’s productive systems and cities through projects on infrastructure, social innovation, skills development and environmental sustainability
- Supporting the shareholders in planning their activities in the following fields:
- designing, management, monitoring and assessment of strategic programmes and projects;
- participation in and development of national, European and international networks;
- research and studies on the region’s social and economic assets;
- designing, construction and management of infrastructure for the region’s development.
ART-ER is organised into two Divisions:
Research and Innovation Division (former ASTER)
Sustainable Territorial Development Division (former ERVET)
ART-ER Research and Innovation Division promotes industrial research as the main driver of sustainable economic development and collaborates with company associations to develop joint research and corporate strategies and actions, facilities and services for industrial research, and the enhancement of human capital working in these areas.
It coordinates the regional innovation ecosystem that includes the Emilia-Romagna High Technology Network, the Technopoles, the business Incubators, the Clust-ERs and Startups and also operates through the local S3 AREAS as meeting places set up to foster the relationship between young people and the most innovative employment networks.
The Division aims at an open innovation model, where businesses, startups, researchers and associations discuss and share experiences and models of action, have access to the same resources and have the opportunity to orient their activities towards the objective of generating innovative and impactful solutions for the whole ecosystem, to make Emilia-Romagna an open, inclusive and attractive region.
The dedicated Open Innovation Platform EROI was set up to pursue this aim and to gather in one place all the services and opportunities available to the regional ecosystem.